We are hiring! We are looking for a new Brewer to join our growing production team.
This role will be based at our brewery underneath Hackney Downs station. The role will be responsible for everything from raw materials preparation to wort production on our 35hl brewhouse, and all cellaring duties to ensure the finished beer is in specification for packaging. The role will report to the Head Brewer. We are a SALSA approved brewery and are committed to producing a quality product.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Ensuring adherence to our statutory obligations, HACCP Plan, Quality Management System and Health & Safety Procedure
– Wort production, monitoring fermentations and performing of cellaring tasks on a shift basis including but not limited to: beer transfers, yeast handling, dry-hopping, and CO2/DO checks.
– Performing Quality Control checks in line with our lab requirements
– Take responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines.
– Stock control and inventory management.
– Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies.
– Effectively communicate with all team members
– Assist on the packaging lines where required
– Help to host and conduct brewery tours and ‘Meet the Brewer’ events.
– The role involves shift work, including early mornings, evenings and some weekend work.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
– Minimum two years’ experience in the brewing or associated industries
– Ability to work well in a team and independently
– Understanding of the Health & Safety concerns applicable in the brewing process
– Ability to perform manual handling tasks safely
– Willingness to work flexible hours
– Working knowledge of brewing and packaging operations
– Formal qualifications in brewing or associated fields preferred
– Committed, positive, can-do and hands-on attitude
– Unwavering passion for the industry and product quality
– London Living Wage employer
– Training and entrance to Institute of Brewing and Distilling General Certificate in Brewing after passing our three month probation period
– Training and entrance to Cicerone Certified Beer Server (Level 1) qualification
– Company pension scheme
– Community and charity day leave
– One day extra annual leave on your birthday
– One day extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
– Discounts in sister businesses and venues
– Fresh fruit, coffee and tea
– Free beer!
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Chris on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, unfortunately we might not be able to respond to each one.