The Five Points Brewing Company in Hackney, East London, is recruiting for a full time Finance Assistant.
Founded December 2012, we are a passionate, independently owned craft brewery, with a commitment to quality, provenance and the community. We are looking for a new Finance Assistant to join our growing team as we expand. You will report to our Head of Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join a motivated and passionate team, and be part of the growth of a rapidly growing, forward looking independent craft brewery. We were the UK’s first accredited Living Wage brewery and are committed to excellent staff welfare and training.
- Credit control: proactively managing and collecting debts from company debtors. Chase outstanding debts by telephone, email and post.
- Process supplier invoices and prepare payment runs in a timely manner
- Process credit card and staff expense transactions
- Manage supplier and customer relationships and respond to queries
- Reconcile bank statements and post transactions to the general ledger
- Process sales invoices and customer statements
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts, including reviewing account activity and reconcile ledger accounts to supplier statements
- Ad hoc duties and reporting as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous finance administration experience with good numeracy skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, with excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate level of Excel knowledge is desirable
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face to face and in writing
- The ability to plan and prioritise your own work to meet deadlines
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team
- Studying towards AAT qualification desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of Xero Accounting systems desirable, but not essential
- Available to work in the UK without restriction
Welfare and Benefits
Staff welfare benefits include:
- 28 days of annual leave p.a.
- Company pension scheme
- Community/charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra day annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Training and entrance to Cicerone Certified Beer Server (Level 1) qualification
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer
How To Apply
Please apply by sending a covering email outlining why the position appeals to you, what you will bring to the role and with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your subject line “Finance Assistant”.
Competitive salary depending upon past experience.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an accredited London Living Wage employer, and an equal opportunity employer.