This is a hands-on, diverse and exciting role within the production department of one of the UK’s fastest growing craft breweries. The Five Points Brewing Company is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Production Brewer to help us grow our business and to help increase the efficiency of our production methods. This role will be responsible for everything from raw materials preparation to wort production on our 35hl brewhouse, and all cellaring duties to ensure the finished beer is in specification for packaging. The role will be varied and fast-paced, with huge scope for learning new skills and progression within the company. We are a SALSA approved brewery and are committed to producing a quality product. This is a full time position, initially on a 12-month fixed term contract, with a view to a longer term position.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London. Now selling over 2.5 million pints annually and exporting internationally, we employ over 40 staff across our brewery, warehouse, office and bar teams. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
Assistant Head Brewer
- Wort production, monitoring fermentations and performing of cellaring tasks on a shift basis including but not limited to: beer transfers, centrifuging, yeast handling, dry-hopping, and CO2/DO checks
- Performing Quality Control checks in line with our lab requirements
- Take responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies
- Effectively communicate with all team members
- Investigates and eliminates potential hazards and bottlenecks in production
- Ensuring adherence to our statutory obligations, HACCP Plan, Quality Management System and Health & Safety Procedures
- Undertakes research and develops processes to achieve positive change for our brewing processes
- Assist on and oversee the packaging lines including kegging, casking, canning & bottling where required
- Help to host and conduct brewery tours and ‘Meet the Brewer’ events
- Stock control and inventory management
- The role involves shift work including early mornings, evenings and some weekend work
- Enthusiastic and personable, with a passion for craft beer and the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing craft brewery
- Hands-on and hardworking
- Able to show initiative, be flexible and work independently.
- Keen eye for detail and an ability to bring new, innovative ideas to our company
- Demonstrable experience of brewing
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Demonstrable experience of brewing at a commercial brewery
- Formal qualification in brewing
Salary & Benefits (including training)
- London Living Wage – £23,330 per annum
- 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Community and charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject “Production Brewer”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 21.09.19. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date.