Production Manager (Applications Now Closed)
The Five Points Brewing Company are recruiting for an experienced Production Manager to join our growing team. This senior role will report to the Head Brewer and the Senior Management Team and will lead the production, packaging and quality departments. We are a SALSA approved brewery and are committed to producing a quality product.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent craft brewery in Hackney, East London, brewing great beers with a commitment to flavour, quality and consistency. We combine tradition and innovation to brew the best beer we possibly can.
Now selling over 2 million pints annually, we employ over 40 staff across our brewery, warehouse and brewery tap teams. We have exciting expansion plans, including trebling our production capacity in 2018.
- As part of the leadership team, the Production Manager will be committed to our company values and be instrumental in delivering our vision for growth and expansion
- Ensure that all beer is produced and packaged to Company standards and specification, ensure process and quality consistency, and all production and quality targets are met
- Line management of the following direct reports: Quality Manager, Packaging & Maintenance Manager, Senior Brewers
- Directly facilitate constructive communication between Brewing, Cellaring, Packaging, Sales and Logistic departments
- Hold production and packaging staff accountable to company policies and quality standards
- Sanitation and cleanliness of the brewery and ensuring that Health & Safety regulations and Food Hygiene Standards are met
- Management oversight of raw materials and packaging inventory, related materials, and work with Packaging Manager to meet forecast and production goals and sales needs
- Ensure all brewery equipment is kept in good working order and work with the Packaging & Maintenance Manager to plan maintenance schedules and reactive maintenance fixes
- Ensure that we comply with our statutory obligations, inc. health & safety, fire safety, HMRC Duty registration requirements, 1st aid compliance, FLT training, etc
- Provide daily brewery management, as well as mentoring and coaching to both the production and packaging teams including managing staff appraisals and recruitment
- Human resources oversight for the brewery site, helping ensure company policies are implemented and adhered to, that all staff are correctly inducted, annual leave systems are maintained, appraisal, disciplinary and staff welfare issues are observed
- Oversight of rota-ing of production and packaging teams
- Responsibility for scheduling production, packaging and tanks to meet forecasts, working closely with Production Planning
- Produce reports for senior management on efficiencies and targets
- Provide a thorough brewery schedule including an audit of current procedures
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of production and packaging SOPs by working with the relevant heads of department
- Ensure that the company brewery management software is used and updated correctly and in a timely manner including duty reports
- Research improvements in equipment, processes, recipes, ingredients and packaging materials and provide support for the implementation thereof
- Ensure that costs are controlled, seek value in supplier contracts, reduce waste and inefficiency, help ensure company profitability
- Ensure that we implement environmentally responsible policies and practices
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a covering email outlining why the position appeals to you, what you will bring to the role, and with a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please mark your subject line “Production Manager”.
Immediate start date available or as necessary depending upon circumstances. Competitive salary by negotiation depending upon past experience.
Welfare and Benefits
- 28 days of annual leave p.a.
- Company pension scheme
- Community/charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra day annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Training and entrance to Cicerone Certified Beer Server (Level 1) qualification and relevant Institute of Brewing and Distilling courses
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
The Five Points Brewing Company is an accredited London Living Wage employer, and an equal opportunity employer.
Final closing date Wednesday 22nd August, although interviews will be held with suitably qualified applicants before this date.