Taproom & Courtyard Assistant Manager – CLOSED
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our Taproom & Courtyard team!
The Five Points Brewing Company is looking for a professional, hard-working and dedicated Assistant Manager to join us at our Taproom & Courtyard venue in Hackney, East London. The role is varied and fast-paced, with scope for progression within the company. This is a full-time position.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent craft brewery in Hackney selling over 3 million pints annually. Our Taproom & Courtyard venue showcases our own range of craft beers alongside independent food traders, and a wide range of cocktails & natural wines.
- Acting as Duty Manager and key-holder
- Responsibility for smooth and efficient operation and running of the venue and bars
- Joint responsibility & control over the condition of venue, including identification of breakages/malfunctions on a daily basis
- Responsibility for private hire events and functions, including liaising with clients and ensuring the smooth running of all events
- Assist with a staff rota in a timely manner to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times
- Assist with recruitment of bar staff and supervisors
- Line manager for bar staff including disciplinary matters
- Stock control, and timely ordering
- Accept deliveries and make sure that they are all correct with the appropriate documentation.
- Ensuring no loss of stock by preventing over-pour or theft and ensuring accurate recording of wastage
- Cleanliness of bar, hygiene and health and safety issues in relation to bar staff
- Training and personal development of all bar staff including keeping accurate records
- Responsibility for legal and licensing issues on drinks sales, times, weights & measures, etc ensuring that all bar staff are compliant
- Responsibility for Health & Safety issues, including staff and customer health & safety, fire safety, food hygiene, first aid, and related issues
- Be confident liaising with police, council, environmental health and other local agencies
- Responsibility for accurate cashing up, recording of figures and reporting
- Hands-on, reliable and hardworking, with excellent time-keeping
- Able to show initiative, be flexible and to work independently
- Enthusiastic and personable, with an interest in craft beer, independent drinks and food
- Demonstrable record of previous management responsibilities in hospitality
- Excellent customer skills
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- Ability to speak, read and write English language
- Starting salary from £29,000
- Company pension scheme
- Community and charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements include additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Company share ownership scheme
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to [email protected].
Closing date 7th August 2023. Interviews with suitably qualified candidates may be held before this date. The Five Points Brewing Company is an accredited London Living Wage employer and an equal opportunity employer.