Finance Assistant – CLOSED
Love numbers? The Five Points Brewing Company are looking for a new Finance Assistant with great attention to detail and analytical skills.
The Five Points Group Limited are recruiting for a full-time Finance Assistant. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will work Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The Five Points Group Ltd comprises of an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London, our Courtyard and our flagship pub The Pembury Tavern. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
- Proactively managing and collecting debts from company debtors. Chase outstanding debts by telephone, email, and post.
- Liaising with sales managers and other relevant stakeholders on troublesome accounts including updating Breww with accounts on Hold.
- Assist in the preparation of Legal Letters including collating all relevant documents.
- Assist with the onboarding of customers for Direct Debit.
- Process supplier invoices across the Group, ensuring they are correctly coded and VAT details are accurate.
- Liaising with managers and heads of departments for their review and approval of supplier invoices.
- Process credit card and staff expense transactions including Pleo.
- Manage supplier and customer relationships, including set up of new suppliers on Xero and responding to queries.
- Bank reconciliations for all accounts across the Group, including sending remittance advices.
- Reconciling Brewery sales invoices, ensuring they are accurate and match the details on Breww.
- Sending monthly Brewery customer statements.
- Reviewing customer set up in Breww and Xero.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts, including reviewing account activity and reconcile ledger accounts to supplier statements.
- Answering the phone and responding to finance queries.
- Any other tasks as required by line manager & supervisor.
- Minimum Maths and English GCSE (A-Levels)
- Good numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience using Excel and Word
- A strong and confident communicator, comfortable in dealing with stakeholders, business partners and senior management.
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Right to live and work in the UK
Salary & Benefits (including training):
- 37.5 hours per week
- Training on-the-job
- 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Community and charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to [email protected]. Please mark the subject “Finance Assistant” Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 31/07/23. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date.