Head Pizza Chef – The Pembury Tavern – CLOSED
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED.
Our legendary Head Pizza Chef at The Pembury Tavern, Rory, will be moving on to inky pastures as he pursues a career in the tattoo arts, so we are now recruiting for a new Head Chef to rep ACE Pizza at The Pembury Tavern.
An experienced pizza maker with management experience, you’ll lead our team to pizza perfection, smashing every service whilst organising and managing the dough and prep schedule. You’ll thrive under pressure and enjoy training other members of the team. You’ll have the highest standards when it comes to food hygiene and uphold our 5 star hygiene rating.
We take enormous pride in our dough, sauces and ingredients as we make almost everything in-house. We have a creative and innovative menu with a strong vegan offering. This means we’re looking for people passionate about pizza making, who are meticulous about quality control and want to make the best pizza in London!
This role is for 40 hours a week, with evening and weekend work as standard, and is based at our pub, The Pembury Tavern, 90 Amhurst Road, London E8 1JH
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Hands-on, reliable and hardworking
- Able to show initiative, be flexible and work independently as well as part of The Pembury Tavern’s team
- Enthusiastic and personable, with an interest in craft beer and hospitality
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Ability to speak, read and write English language essential
Salary & Benefits (including training):
- Salary: £35,000 + additional bonus up to £2,500 p.a.
- 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Community and charity day leave
- Free pizza while on shift
- A free “knock-off” drink after the end of your shift
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
To apply, please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a covering email explaining why the role appeals to you.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, the 31st of October, but we may be interviewing suitable candidates prior to this date.