Production Brewer – CLOSED
The Five Points Brewing Co is looking for a passionate and experienced Production Brewer to be responsible for everything from raw material preparation to wort production, cellaring and packaging on our 35hL brewhouse.
This role reports to the Head Brewer, and is a varied and hands-on role, learning new skills and with scope for progression within the company. We are one of the UK’s only employee owned breweries, with a generous benefits package.
We are a SALSA approved brewery, committed to a quality product. We are seeking a minimum two years experience as a production brewer.
- Wort production, monitoring fermentations and performing of cellaring tasks on a shift basis including but not limited to: beer transfers, centrifuging, yeast handling, dry-hopping, and CO2/DO checks
- Packaging including kegging, casking and bottling
- Performing quality checks and basic lab duties
- Ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels, product lines and packaging equipment
- Monitoring and addressing potential hazards and bottlenecks in production
- Undertaking research and developing processes to improve our brewing processes
- Stock control and inventory management
- Effective communication with all team members
- Maintaining accurate records in accordance with company policies
- Ensuring adherence to our statutory obligations, HACCP Plan, Quality Management System and Health & Safety Procedures
- Help to host and conduct brewery tours and ‘Meet the Brewer’ events
- The role involves shift work including early mornings, evenings and some weekend work
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or equivalent certification required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a commercial brewery
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Ability to move and lift kegs and casks comfortably
Salary & Benefits (including training):
- 37.5 hours per week
- 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Community and charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to [email protected]. Please mark the subject “Production Brewer”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 04/08/23. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date.