Shift Lead Brewer
The Five Points Brewing Company is looking for a passionate and experienced Shift Lead Brewer to join their brew team based in Hackney, East London.
The Five Points Brewing Co is looking for a passionate and experienced Shift Lead Brewer to be responsible and accountable for running the production team shifts. The role focuses on ensuring the team is working efficiently, safely and according to company policies as well as ensuring site security is maintained at all times. This role reports to the Head Brewer.
This is a varied and hands-on role, learning new skills and with scope for progression within the company. We are one of the UK’s only employee owned breweries, with a generous benefits package.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
- Ensure adherence to our statutory obligations, HACCP Plan and Health & Safety policies
- Play a leading role in developing and maintaining the company Quality Management System inline with our SALSA requirements
- Accountable for the smooth running of the brewery, cellar and packaging operations, including decision-making and troubleshooting on shift
- Ensuring site security at all times and responsibility for opening and closing the brewery
- Facilitation of shift handovers and team briefings as necessary
- Responsibility for providing training to production staff
- Performing wort production and cellaring tasks, ensuring beer is in specification as required for packaging including undertaking quality checks as per our operating procedures
- Assist on and oversee the packaging lines as required
- Responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines and general housekeeping
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies including stock control and inventory management
- Responsible for providing First Aid and Fire Safety as required
- Assist other heads of department in projects where required
- Help to host and conduct brewery tours and ‘Meet the Brewer’ events
- The role involves shift work including early mornings, evenings and some weekend work
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or equivalent certification required
- IBD Diploma or an MSc in a related field is desirable
- Minimum 3 years experience in a commercial brewery with some management experience
- Proactive and can-do attitude with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with all team members
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Ability to move and lift kegs and casks comfortably
Salary & Benefits (including training)
- 37.5 hours per week
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Community and charity day leave
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to [email protected]. Please mark the subject “Shift Lead Brewer”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 11/12/23. Interviews with suitably qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date.